Aston Martin warns over profits as US tariffs weigh on car makers


Aston Martin has warned it will post lower-than-expected profits for the past year on the back of falling sales as it battles pressure from US tariffs.

It came as the luxury car maker also announced the sale of naming rights for its Aston Martin F1 team to a related party to help shore up its finances.

London-listed Aston Martin Lagonda has been pushing forward with efforts to turn performance around under Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll.

However, the company shed light on the size of the task at hand with its latest profit warning update.

The car manufacturer told shareholders on Friday that gross profit margins and adjusted earnings before interest and tax are set to be โ€œslightly belowโ€ the lower end of analyst expectations.

It means the company is expecting to post earnings below ยฃ184 million for 2025.

Bosses said it came after the company navigated โ€œa highly challenging trading environmentโ€ over the year.

It stressed that it made progress on its transformation despite pressure from increased tariffs in the US and a decrease in deliveries of higher margin Special model vehicles.

Total wholesale volumes slid to 5,448 in 2025 from 6,030 a year earlier, the company said.

The US is the car makerโ€™s largest market but it was hit by a 10% tariff last year, reduced from a previously planned 27.5%.

Aston Martin has acted in recent months to help boost its finances, including cutting investment plans last October.

On Friday, it revealed a deal to sell the naming rights to its Aston Martin F1 Team to related party AMR GP Holdings for ยฃ50 million.

As part of the deal, AMR will use the Aston Martin name in F1 until 2055.

Bosses said the deal will help boost Aston Martinโ€™s liquidity position.

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.